Ice pops are the single best thing ever created for summer time. And they can be as healthy as eating a fruit or yogurt. What else do you need to know?
- First, do the only thing that’s a pain in the ass: remove all the seed from the cherries.
- Once you’ve done it (congrats for that!), blend the cherries with a bit of Greek yogurt. The texture should be creamy and deep purple. You can add a bit of honey/syrup to taste.
- Now add the liquid to the ice pop moulds alternating between the cherry mix and Greek yogurt to achieve a nice marbled effect. If you have a very sweet tooth, you can mix the yogurt with a dash of honey/syrup before adding it to the moulds.
- Put the moulds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 2 or 3 hours.
A FUCKING TIP: If you’re not getting the marbled effect right, make sure that the yogurt is very cold and the cherry mix at room temperature.
For those thinking “why would I want to spend time getting a marbled texture if it’s going to mix anyway in my mouth?”, well, here’s the lazy way of doing it:
- First, same thing, remove the seeds from the cherries. You can be lazy but you still need to do this.
- Then blend the cherries with yogurt and honey/syrup until you get a creamy, not-too-dark purple mix.
- Pour that into the moulds and freeze for 2-3 hours.
The Fucking Chef