Pancakes, cakes made in a pan, a classic breakfast that’s fucking delicious but no one knows how to make, except if you’re a mum or a cool dad, of course.
Let’s make pancakes available for everyone! Stop buying the fucking pre-made mix and do them yourself.
- Grab a bowl. Easy right? I told you.
- Mix in it: a cup of flour, two teaspoons of baking powder, a couple of tablespoons of butter and a pinch of salt. Mix it well, no one likes to find chunks of butter when they eat them.
- Add one egg, a cup of milk and mix again. You should get a dense liquid, if it’s too sticky, add more milk, if it’s too liquid add more flour. Again: smooth = cool, granulated = mmm… no thanks.
- Heat a pan and spread butter on its bottom. Pour about three spoons of mixture in and when the surface of the pancake is full of bubbles -usually in less than a minute-, flip it and cook it for about 20-30 seconds more.
- DONE! Now repeat step 4 until you’ve used all the dope and pile them together so they stay warm while you finish.
There are healthier options, but this recipe is for one of those days when you don’t want that, so use it with care:
With a great recipe comes great responsibility
A FUCKING TIP: You can add some sweetener to the dope -stevia, agave syrup, xylitol, etc- but if you’re gonna eat them with maple syrup -which you should!-, honey or jam, there’s no need to add any sweetener …unless you’re the secret sibling of Hansel & Gretel.
The Wise Chef
Leave a Reply