They’re green, they’re crunchy, they’re healthy and they’re incredible.
If you haven’t tried them yet, go and get some kale right now. Seriously, it’s one of the top 3 healthy snacks you can make at home.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems
- Now wash the kale leaves and dry them out. You can use a salad spinner, paper towel or just let it dry out naturally.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and massage the leaves. Yes, use all of your fingers and all your love, you want the oil to reach every inch of kale there is.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking tray
- Bake them in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes at 100ºC / 210ºF
- The results can vary depending on your oven and the humidity, so keep checking and adjust the time/temperature if something’s not right. They should be super crunchy and not burned at all.
FUCKING TIP #1: If you want the best result and have time, set the oven to 50ºC / 125ºF and bake the kale for 1 hour or until it becomes insanely crunchy.
FUCKING TIP #2: If you’re out of time, you can set the oven up to 150ºC / 300ºF and bake them for 15-20 minutes. BUT check constantly and flip the leaves halfway to prevent them from burning.
FUCKING TIP #3: You can add any spice you like along with the oil and salt to give them extra flavour: paprika, curry powder, garlic powder, cumin…
FUCKING TIP #4: Stop reading and start cooking!
The Fucking Chef