Yes, this recipe is about how to make rice “milk” or quinoa “milk” but fucking stop calling them that. Please.
I’ve written a fucking great post covering almost all types of plant-based drinks (“milks”), but since rice and quinoa drinks are a bit different, here’s a special guide for them.
- Cook the rice or quinoa. Steam or boil it doesn’t really matter.
- You’ll need about 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of dried rice/quinoa to get 1 cup of cooked rice/quinoa
- Rinse it and put 1 cup of the cooked grain in a blender with 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt (1/2 tsp)
- Blend for 30 s to 1 minute until it’s smooth and creamy
- Optionally strain it through a nut milk bag/cheese cloth/clean T-shirt/strainer to separate the pulp from the “milk”
That’s it! You can add a sweetener, nuts or other ingredients into the blend to customise it. Here you have some variation ideas.
Store it in the fridge and enjoy within 4 to 5 days. If you have more questions check the plant-based drinks FAQ section.
The Fucking Chef
Leave a Reply